Director of The PA Hub | International Speaker
Marion is a multi-award winning former PA, winning Yorkshire PA of the Year in 2011 and Pitman Super Achievers International PA in 2012. Marion worked in various administration and management roles for over 30 years building up her expertise and networks throughout this time including working for the Civil Service and NHS before joining Yorkshire Universities as a senior PA in the higher education sector.
Marion has presented to various groups of PAs throughout the UK and overseas and loves to network both in person and through social media.
Marion was the Founder of Yorkshire Universities Internal PA Network which led her to set up The PA Hub with her husband and business partner Jon Lowrence. They now run 2 independent networks in Yorkshire and Merseyside running over 35 PA events a year including networking meetings, training and development sessions, conferences, showcases and PA Awards.
Marion is also Events Director for Executive Secretary LIVE having run events internationally in London, Johannesburg, Auckland, Washington DC, Sydney & Silicon Valley.
Marion was the lead delegate representing the UK at the World Administrative Summit in Frankfurt in October 2018 and continues to support and promote the profession internationally.
A Guide to being an Outstanding Assistant
The role of the PA is challenging and evolving, and assistants are being asked to take on more responsibility than ever before. A good relationship between PA and Boss is essential in the corporate environment and building up self-confidence is vitally important:
Learn the 1o top traits to make you stand out from the crowd and become an exceptional PA
- – Improve your mind-set to increase your self-esteem so you excel in your role
- – Become an indispensable assistant and build rapport & gain greater credibility from your boss
- – Be more confident, feel more capable and learn why moving out of your comfort zone gives you a foundation for success!
Effective PA Networking
Do you want to learn how to network successfully? Do you become anxious and not know what to say? Do you avoid networking events? After many years of networking Marion regularly speaks at events and conferences to encourage assistants to network. Marion will discuss how networking can be used as a tool for business and career success and the benefits of networking with other assistants. If you are a novice or you simply want to improve your existing skills, Marion will give you some great tips and tricks to make you feel more confident when networking.
- – How to become a confident networker with simple techniques to make your networking experience better and less daunting
- – Why it is important to network effectively and the benefits it will bring to you and your career
- – The advantages of networking with other assistants
The Importance of Mentoring for Career Success
In this session, Marion will discuss the importance of mentoring for career success, pairing her insight as both a mentor and mentee. Marion will speak about her own journey giving practical tips on how to make the relationship work. Marion will talk through the process of mentoring explaining what you can expect during your first session and how to develop a successful mentor/mentee partnership moving forward.
- – Learn about the advantages of mentoring & why is it valuable to your career development
- – The challenges you may face
- – Advice on how to find a mentor
Event Planning for Assistants - Panic to Perfect!
Careful planning is essential for event success. So what planning is necessary to run that perfect event? What are the common mistakes that are repeatedly mentioned on feedback forms to conference organisers and how can we learn from these? From small meetings to large conferences the principles are the same. Learn how to run an event successfully from scratch no matter what your budget or experience.
- – Learn the most common downfalls in running events and how to avoid them
- – Run the best event possible no matter what your budget is
- – Avoid overspend with unnecessary add-ons
Marion can also do motivational talks for awards events and after dinner speaking
Kelly Kidd, Reward and Recognition Advisor, Talent Team Ernst & Young LLP
On behalf of EY, I wanted to say again how grateful we are to you for being part of our inaugural EA of the Year programme. Your participation made such a difference to the evening event and the overall outcome. Your speech was both moving and inspiring and was the topic of many a conversation later that evening.
Kim Thornton, Secretarial Team Leader, UK&I Tax Ernst & Young LLP
It was an absolute pleasure to meet you, and I really do think it makes a difference to the EAs to know that you truly understand their roles and can empathise with what they do day to day and their future ambitions. It’s great to see what you can achieve if you set your mind to it. Your speech clearly resonated with a lot people.
Feedback Vonlanthen Conference in Nice 2018
- – The best session for me
- – Very well presented, liked the quotes
- – Good session
- – Motivational
- – Humorous and intelligent
- – Super cool lady
- – Controlled & calm presentation, very informative
- – Great session that makes you feel good