This is the expanded version of the Upgrade Yourself Two Day Assistant Master Class. As with the two day program I have tried to create relevant, fresh and up to the minute materials which would help assistants and companies future-proof themselves against the changes that radical digitalisation and AI will bring. This is an in-depth, immersive training experience which will create high performance mind-sets which focuses on the Top Skills for 2020 (WEF). It contains 23 Modules.
Module 1 – The Connection Economy and the Assistant’s role
- What is the Connection Economy?
- How will this Fourth Industrial Revolution change the world of work?
- What will the impact be on our profession?
- What will be the key attributes for success in the future?
- Trends to watch : AI, Big Data, Digital Nomads…etc.
Module 2 – Top Skills for 2020
- What are the Top Skills identified by the WEF?
- How are we currently using them?
- How do we maximise and enhance these skills further?
Module 3 – Building a Powerful Brand
- What is a Personal Brand and why does it matter?
- How do you clearly define your brand? Create a brand story
- Steps to enhance your brand
- Your brand, your manager’s brand and the company brand – being a custodian of brand value
Module 4 – Brain Basics
- How does your brain respond to fear?
- Why do we back away from challenge?
- How do we learn?
- Dealing with overload and overwhelm?
- What happens when your brain is under stress and how does one cope?
Module 5 – Problem Solving like a Pro
- Regrouping in times of crisis
- Formula for problem solving
- Tools for problem solving
- Applying creativity and positive energy to challenges
Module 6 – Assistants and Business Continuity
- What is Business Continuity?
- What should we consider, plan and put in place?
- Your role in times of crisis
Module 7 – Communication in the Modern World
- How has technology changed the channels and speed of communication?
- What are the major trends?
- How will modern professionals need to adapt?
Module 8 – Dealing with Infobesity and Tech Stress
- How do we all create less email?
- How do you process and deal with masses of electronic communication effectively?
- Tech detox and why we need it
Module 9 – Communicating with Confidence
- Exploring body language and voice skills
- How do you create a more confident impression with good communication skills?
- Managing your inner dialogue to boost confidence
- You fake it until you become it (fooling the body to create the reality)
Module 10 – Creating Focused Written Communication
- How to create written communication that people will actually read
- Being mindful of the limitations on bandwidth/attention span that we all face
- Changing the email culture
Module 11 – Difficult Discussions & Dealing with Conflict
- Preparing for difficult discussions
- Identifying your conflict and communication style
- Seeing conflict as an opportunity
- Speaking up when you need to
Module 12 – Listening Skills : Get the detail and get things done!
- Practical listening techniques
- Listening to enhance relationships
- Listening to enhance performance
Module 13 – Boost Your Personal Productivity
- We all face time and resource constraints
- How do you get more done with less?
- How to differentiate between urgent and important?
- Practical steps for enhancing your productivity
Module 14 – Getting Organised
- Organised? Are you born with it? Can you learn it?
- What should be organised more carefully?
- How do we get organised – step by step strategy
Module 15 – Time Management : ROLEX THEORY
- Seeing time as an asset and yourself as an asset manager
- Block planning for the day, 3 days, week and month cycles
- Getting back to basics on diary management
- Problems and strategies on time management in the modern office
Module 16 – Using Your To Do List for maximum results
- The science behind making a list
- Brain dump
- How to create and actually use your to do list
Module 17 –Creating and Managing Team Task Lists
- Can minutes be replaced with something more useful and practical for team meetings?
- Can you help you manager to get better production/performance from the team?
- Can you function as a second brain for your manager by using a Task List System?
- How do you implement a Task List System?
Module 18 – Monkey Mind : Managing Procrastination
- Why do we procrastinate?
- What procrastination does to your energy reserves and enjoyment of your role
- How do you beat your own Monkey mind
Module 19 – Building Emotional Intelligence
- What is EQ?
- EQ vs. IQ
- Why emotional intelligence will matter more in the future?
- Components of EQ
- Steps to build EQ
Module 20 – Dealing with stress and finding resilience
- What causes Assistant stress?
- Stress is contagious…how is your boss’ stress?
- Eustress, distress and chronic stress
- Strategies to deal with stress
- Practical steps for building resilience
Module 21 – Accountability and Extreme Ownership
- Becoming a real leader requires personal leadership first
- Discipline is power and creates respect
- Beating the blame game in your office
- Owning and being fully accountable for everything in your sphere of control
- Ridding yourself of the victim mentality
Module 22 – Discretion and Confidentiality
- Access to confidential materials and the associated responsibility
- The pressure of inside information
- Being ethical and discreet as critical factors to the Assistant role
- The double edged sword of discretion
Module 23 – Pay Attention and be mindful
- Being in the moment
- STOP MULTI-TASKING (as much as you can)
- Minimising distractions
- Paying attention to people, subtext, subtle clues, new ideas and creative impulses
Conclusion and Wrap Up